Lysa Ingalsbe’s delicious summertime recipe will leave you nourished and satisfied, blending garbanzo beans, quinoa, and other healthful ingredients
- 1 15-ounce BPA-free can garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup quinoa2 cups water
- 1 large bunch parsley, chopped (remove long stems)
- ⅓ cup mint leaves, chopped
- 1 cup of grape or cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 2 scallions, minced
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- juice of one lemon
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp cracked black pepper
- 1 package baby spinach
- Optional toppings: sheep’s milk feta cheese or sliced avocado
- Rinse quinoa through fine strainer.
- Heat saucepan and dry toast quinoa until fragrant.
- Once fragrant, add water and let cook until quinoa is translucent (about 10 minutes).
- While quinoa is cooking, prepare rest of the ingredients in a bowl.
- When quinoa is finished cooking, transfer to a bowl and let cool.
- Combine all ingredients together and serve over baby spinach at room temperature.
Learn more about Lysa at bodyandsoulnutrition.com
You may also enjoy reading Recipe: Kale and Sweet Potato Cakes by Lysa Ingalsbe