These delicious cakes, packed with hearty sweet potato, will satisfy a deep hunger and nourish your body with rich nutrients!
Adapted from the Superhuman breakfast idea from Laura Hames Franklin
- 1/4 sweet potato or yam, shredded
- 2 cups finely chopped kale
- 1 cup diced onion
- 2 eggs, beaten kindly (For vegan version, make flax eggs by combining 1 tablespoon of ground flax seed with 3 tablespoons of water for each egg.)
- 1 tablespoon of olive, coconut, or sesame oil
- 1/4 sliced avocado (served on top)
- chopped parsley (optional)
- sea salt to taste
- chia seed
- favorite herbs (dill, oregano, etc.)
- Heat oil in skillet, add onion and cook until translucent.
- Add sea salt, kale, shredded sweet potato, and chia seed.
- Let cook until the sweet potato is tender and kale is bright green (5 minutes or so).
- Remove and place in bowl with kindly beaten eggs; mix together.
- Using a 1-cup measuring cup, scoop mixture from bowl into skillet; the mixture should make 2-3 large patties.
- Let cook in skillet for about 5 minutes until egg is cooked through.
- Add sliced avocado on top and a dollop of your favorite lacto-fermented veggies, such as Gingered Carrots or Sauerkraut by Hawthorne Valley, to add flavor and texture!
Learn more about Lysa Ingalsbe at bodyandsoulnutrition.com
You may also enjoy Recipe: Grilled Salmon with Balsamic Onion Glaze and Steamed Kale by Dr. Christina Bjorndal