A nutrition-packed twist on spiralized courgettes
I know the latest craze is all about spiralized courgettes (zucchini) and trust me, I love them, too. But I wanted to experiment with other veggies that can give you the same lovely noodle shape, taste good and still deliver that nutritional punch. So this is where the beetroot became my new courgette. But again, if you don’t have beetroot on hand, please use a courgette instead!
- 2 good-sized beetroot (beets), peeled and spiralized
- olive or coconut oil, melted, for drizzling
- 2 clementines, peeled and segmented
- 50g (heaping 1⁄3 cup) pistachios
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 large handfuls of fresh
- Spinach sea salt and freshly ground
- black pepper
For the Dressing:
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon wholegrain mustard
- juice of 1 clementine
- juice of 1⁄2 lemon
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/350°F and line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper. Place the beet noodles on one sheet and drizzle with olive or coconut oil. Season with salt and pepper and roast for 15 minutes.
- Spread the clementine segments and pistachios over the second sheet and drizzle with the honey. Bake for 5 minutes alongside the beet noodles.
- Meanwhile, whisk all the dressing ingredients in a small bowl and put to one side.
- Once cooked, remove the baking sheets from the oven and combine the noodles, spinach, clementines and pistachios in a large bowl. Toss with the dressing and enjoy your simple but super-yummy salad!