A simple, healthful recipe for vegetable soup the whole family will enjoy
- 6 carrots
- 2 stalks celery
- 1 large potato
- 2 cups frozen corn
- 1 small squash
- 2 leeks, finely diced
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 8 cloves garlic
- 5 tablespoons miso
- Salt to taste
- 2 tablespoons herbs de Provence
- Dice veggies into similar-sized pieces.
- Put everything except miso in pot and over with water.
- Dissolve miso in ½ cup warm water and add to soup.
- Cook until carrots are tender, about 25 minutes.
- Add sea salt and pepper to taste.
- Make a soup night once a week where you consistently serve a variety of veggie soups. Call is “Veggie Day” or “Soup Day.” If you have a child who protests, after a few weeks they will bear it, and after a month or two they will come to like it.
- You can puree it at the beginning, dice veggies really small, or add rice or noodles.
- Play! This soup is very flexible and can be made with any firm veggies in any season — beets, green beans, parsnips, broccoli stalks (make sure to peel), zucchini. Switch the herbs de Provence for cumin and paprika for a different taste.
>Learn more at plansimplemeals.com