A healthier take on delicious chocolate chip cookies, gluten-free and naturally sweetened
- 2 cups gluten-free oats
- ¼ cup gluten-free, dairy-free chocolate chips
- ¼ cup coconut oil, melted
- ½ cup maple syrup
- ¼ cup coconut flour
- 4 dates
- 3 tablespoons almond butter
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- Melt coconut oil by placing the glass jar in hot water.
- Blend oil, maple syrup, dates, almond butter and salt in a blender.
- Put oats and coconut flour in a bowl and stir in blended mixture.
- Once mixed, fold in chocolate chips.
- Make into 1” rounds. Shape them like the cookie form you want because they stay true to shape.
- Bake at 200° for 45 minutes (you can also dehydrate these overnight at 108°).
- Make time on Sunday to make snacks for the week.
- Always make more than one batch.
- Bake with your kids — it can be a bonding moment that teaches them a great life skill.
>Learn more at plansimplemeals.com