Delicious Swiss chard sauté recipe is simple to prepare and rich in nutrients and minerals
- 1 tbsp extra olive oil or coconut oil
- 1-2 minced garlic
- 1 small red onion diced
- 1 bunch of Swiss Chard, washed, cut crosswise ½ inch wide strips
Optional: handful of raisins, handful of toasted pignoli nuts, red pepper flakes, Tamari soy sauce, rice vinegar
- Heat oil in a large skillet, add onions and cook until translucent (moving the onions around with a wooden spoon after a minute).
- Add greens and garlic. Cook until chard wilts and becomes bright green in color.
- If raisins, pignoli nuts and red pepper flakes are desired, add at the end. For extra flavor, one dash of Tamari soy sauce and or rice vinegar can be added as well.
>Get more recipes from Lysa Ingalsbe on her author page