Delicious Swiss chard sauté recipe is simple to prepare and rich in nutrients and minerals
- 1 tbsp extra olive oil or coconut oil
- 1-2 minced garlic
- 1 small red onion diced
- 1 bunch of Swiss Chard, washed, cut crosswise ½ inch wide strips
Optional: handful of raisins, handful of toasted pignoli nuts, red pepper flakes, Tamari soy sauce, rice vinegar
- Heat oil in a large skillet, add onions and cook until translucent (moving the onions around with a wooden spoon after a minute).
- Add greens and garlic. Cook until chard wilts and becomes bright green in color.
- If raisins, pignoli nuts and red pepper flakes are desired, add at the end. For extra flavor, one dash of Tamari soy sauce and or rice vinegar can be added as well.
You may also enjoy Recipe: Kale and Sweet Potato Cakes by Lysa Ingalsbe