Loving yourself can start with some self-love routines
How much time in a day do you invest in yourself? It never matters how long you do it as long you do it.
You are worth more than you can ever imagine. We all get busy investing our worth in stock shares and properties to make ourselves noticeable in our society. But the only investment that really matters in your world is YOU. What you feel about you, what you say about you, what you feed in you, and how much you care for you.
There are many ways to practice investing in yourself. Start by asking yourself, what makes you happy even you are alone? What gives you inspiration if no-one is with you ? What will help you rise again as your face challenges? All of these questions matter when you learn to know yourself by loving yourself. It matters, because you will not feel lost inside yourself or lost in the world you live in.
Saying I love you in front of the mirror daily is one the best ways to invest in yourself.
When you talk with positive words in your mind, you are increasing your inner shares and opening yourself to receive abundance. The kind of words you speak to others portrays your ability to create love for yourself.
Here are some examples of ways to create a self-love routine:
- Mirror Work— Say to yourself daily, while looking into your eyes in a mirror: “I love you unconditionally (state your name)”.You can say this anytime of the day, but it is most effective when you are facing challenges. Thank you to the late Louise Hay for creating this beautiful method. This practice is a magic wand to me.
- Writing Affirmations — Get yourself a personal notebook and write down: “I love myself unconditionally and I approve of myself unconditionally.” The goal is to impact deeply in your conscious and subconscious mind that you love yourself. I have been doing this practice for more than 10 years.
- Express Daily Gratitude — Choose another journal for writing your daily gratitude. Write daily 50 to 100 things you are thankful in a day. For example, thank the Universe for giving you a beautiful home, an awesome car, nourishing meals, etc. 50 may seem like a big number, but once you start digging, you’ll see that there are so many things we can be thankful for in a day, big and small.
- Create Loving Space at Home— Decorate your home space in a way that helps you relax or meditate. Place items that reminds you of love, success, joy and positive vibration. For example, you can decorate your room with vision boards stating your goals, or some painting that reminds you of what you love about yourself. Or you can add fresh flowers or plants, your favorite chair or your best pillow. Anything that you add in your space becomes your self-love energy.
- Discover Your Loving Colors — Recognize and acknowledge the colors that help you vibrate positively. Each color has a different impact on every human being. Some people love black and believe that it gives good inspiration; some people find black totally negative. It might take some trial and error to understand how different colors impact your mood or thoughts. For example, I use vibrant colors around me to feed good thoughts when I write. I especially love pink and blue.
- Listen to Good Music — I totally recommend listening to good music at least 30 minutes a day. Music gives a boost of upliftment to energize or cleanse the body and mind. Pick music that can uplift you when you are down. Music gives message to the mind that initiate positive vibes. Personally, this is my favorite self-love potion.
- Check Your Company— This means paying attention to the friends and people you associate with and align yourself with. Supportive family and friends can make a great impact in growing our inner self-love. If you come across someone that is always looking for fault in you, do not waste time being with them. Instead, be with people who always see good in you and want to uplift you.
You may question what is life all about, especially when we wake up at sunrise, get ready for work, have breakfast, drop off the kids at school, then rush to be at our office desk on time. We get so caught up with our daily life that we find it normal notto make time to love ourselves.
Life can never be boring when you have fallen in love with yourself completely because loving yourself puts you in your bliss state — no matter what you face.
In my book, Truly Love Me, I state that you have to love yourself first so that you can love others. Without loving yourself, you will keep trying to fill the lack that you feel by seeking outside approval. Instead, look for good in yourself because that will bring the best version of love to you. You can never go wrong investing in yourself with love and acceptance. Your profit is the gain in your self-worth.
To avoid feeling lost or being deprived of love, invest in yourself with the above suggestions. You will begin to see that life is more than a daily routine. Your life is the experiences that makes you feel good to be alive. You are born to experience the love of goodness all the time — and that starts by learning to invest in your loving self.
>You may also enjoy reading Freedom From Our Un-Serving and Negative Thoughts, by Annette Quarrier