When you crave chocolate but don’t want to eat the stuff filled with artificial ingredients sold at convenience stores, try this recipe. It’s fast, fun, easy to make, and portable.
- 12 ounces dark chocolate chips
- 1 cup brown rice cereal or puffed quinoa
- 3⁄4 cup almonds or peanuts chopped, divided
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- Place 1 cup of water in a small pot over medium heat.
- Set a heatproof bowl on top of the pot, creating a double boiler.
- Add the chocolate to the bowl and stir until melted and warm to touch.
- Take off the heat and mix in the cereal, 1⁄2 cup nuts, vanilla extract, and sea salt. Stir well to combine.
- Pour the mixture into an 8 x 8-inch baking pan lined with parchment; smooth the top. Sprinkle the remaining 1⁄4 cup nuts over. Refrigerate just until firm enough to cut but not completely set, about 1 hour. Lift the chocolate from the pan using the parchment as an aid. Cut into 12 bars or 24 squares.
You may also enjoy reading