How internalizing your focus through the practice of Kundalini yoga will uplift you, release negative energy and transform your life.
Kundalini Yoga is simply the uncoiling of yourself to find your potential and your vitality and to reach your virtues. There is nothing outside, everything is you. You are the storehouse of your totality.Yogi Bhajan
Living a high vibe, a beautiful and boundless life, begins within.
For us, the easiest and most effective way of doing this is through the ancient practice, Kundalini Yoga. It has completely shifted and aligned us into our true life’s purpose. It’s now so much part of our daily lives that how we ever survived without it is completely a mystery.
Kundalini Yoga is one of the most effective practices to elevate your spiritual growth and healing. This direct connection with your truest self provides a foundation of strength, positivity, and grounding light. What makes it so powerful and how can it give you the ultimate connection to unlock your own potential?
Kundalini Yoga is said to be the ‘Yoga of Awakening.’
It was the first yoga practice ever created. It’s an ancient spiritual tool with scientific elements that works with breath-work, mantras, kriyas, and meditation to change your body on a cellular level, clear out your subconscious mind, and brighten the energy around you along with your aura.
It’s connecting to the energy flowing throughout your entire being, raising it into the high vibrations of bliss, abundance and love before transmitting that energy out into the world.
If you are trying it out for the first time, come to it with an open mind. There are thousands of kriyas (sets of movements) and meditations, so every class is different. Some things might feel super weird to you at first and some may feel delicious and so good. Whatever your initial reaction may be, you will quickly realize how potent it is, how fast it works, and how great it makes you feel!
Why Do We Practice Kundalini?
- Develop the power of your intuitive mind— Every person has inner guidance available to them, but so often we ignore it. This yoga practice quiets outside chatter and allows your intuitive mind to come forward.
- Living with Dharma, not Karma— Karma is the idea that things happen to you because of your actions. Kundalini Yoga is the act of living consciously or living through Dharma where actions are spurred by your conscious behaviors and decisions.
- Protection from negativity— Kundalini works to strengthen the energy field around you. With a strong practice, the negative occurrences of a daily life barely phase you and instead keep you in your flow and in the light.
- Connect with your soul and manifest your destiny— This yoga practice releases you from your ego and allows you to connect and feel your deepest soul. You find security and trust in knowing who you are, what you can achieve, and how to manifest your ultimate dream reality.
Kundalini Yoga is basically taking a mental shower and clearing out your mind through breath-work, kriyas and mantras so negative thoughts don’t flow into your conscious mind. As a result, your energetic output aligns with what you hope to attract, and manifestations begin to become reality.
Negative thoughts — low vibe energy (pain, anger, frustration, guilt, shame, sadness) — and past trauma can get stuck in your subconscious mind. They can then flow into how you operate, affecting everything from your actions to your mindset, goals and decisions.
It’s so important to heal and release this energy so you can access creative, uplifting high-vibe energy!
Before Kundalini Yoga, we were each on our own journey. For Britt, this was college, then the Hollywood club party scene and living an unhealthy, unfulfilling existence. She stumbled into a Kundalini Yoga class and it completely transformed everything about her life. For Tara, it was traveling and searching for clarity and answers. Britt introduced her to Kundalini and she started practicing in San Francisco where it became a weekly practice. After Britt’s mom passed, Tara came back to LA where we reconnected and began our work teaching and showing others how to live an elevated life.
Guess what? Kundalini Yoga is SO easy to practice and comes with a ton of other life-changing benefits.
Since starting Kundalini Yoga and meditating, we have found a new sense of calm, focused energy within each of us.
We feel completely different and so much better than ever before in more ways than we can count. We have elevated our relationships, our eating habits (we are now high vibrational, compassionate vegans), have healed mental, emotional and physical imbalances and trauma. We are also much less reactive and have adopted a proactive approach to our health and happiness. We are living our purpose and running a wildly successful spiritual business (learn more at elevatetheglobe.com), living our dream while helping others. We are so much more aware and clearer than ever before. Britt’s husband and daughter are also vegan and meditators now, and we both see how much this practice inspires our families and the people around us to live healthier lives.
Kundalini Yoga also provides other benefits like increased flexibility, expanded lung capacity, a strong core, and stress relief — all of which makes such a big difference in our everyday existence. When beginning to incorporate Kundalini into your life, it becomes as necessary as your morning coffee!
Here are 3 simple ways to begin a Kundalini Yoga and meditation practice:
- Set aside time every day dedicated to your practice — We love practicing early in the morning, right upon rising. Known as a sadhana, we call this our Magic Morning Ritual. It is so important to start your day with a morning routine that sets up your mindset and day for success! Across the board, successful people will tell you this because it is powerful. Our practice is at least 10 minutes and is comprised of gratitude, breath-work, meditation, Kundalini Yoga, and visualization. When you take some time right away in the morning, before checking your phone or doing anything else, you will notice a complete shift in your day. It is so powerful and will raise your vibration every time.
- Always, always, always tune in with the Kundalini mantra, “Ong Namo Guru Dev Namo” — When you tune in you are aligning yourself with the universe and you will feel more connected. It might sound and feel weird at first if you are new to chanting, but chanting is very healing and has been shown to positively affect your brain and energy. “Ong Namo Guru Dev Namo” roughly it translates to, “I bow to the divine wisdom within.”
- Take it slow and remain open — Love yourself and if nothing else, take some long deep breaths when you wake up in the morning and think about what you are grateful for. We are all so lucky to be alive and we want everyone to feel the gifts of this life.
No matter where you are at, it is temporary. Creating change starts with changing your thoughts and doing more things that make you feel good. When you put the focus within, your whole outer world will transform.
You may also enjoy reading Metta Meditation: Put a Little Self Love in Your Heart by Ruth Jewett