These 5 simple beauty tips will jumpstart your day — everyday!
- Get your glow on with greens! The chlorophyll in dark leafy greens helps nourish our blood and oxygenate our cells, providing us with vibrant energy and clear thinking. Juicing, green smoothies, and salads are great ways to add greens to your meals. Keeping baby spinach and kale on hand and adding them to whatever dish you are making is an easy way to get your daily dose of greens.
- Drench yourself in hydration! Consuming plenty of water helps to keep our lymphatic system draining properly, which helps to remove toxins from our system. Keeping hydrated also helps give our bodies a sense of wellbeing and calm. This allows us to be “fluid” in the present moment and to stay in the flow of life. Aim to drink half your weight in ounces (i.e., a person who weighs 140 pounds should drink 70 ounces per day).
- Empower yourself by balancing your blood sugar. When our blood sugar is stable throughout the day, we no longer fall prey to intense sugar cravings or other foods we would normally be able to resist. Eat a nourishing breakfast that contains protein, complex carbs, and some healthy fats (as in the recipe that follows). And make sure to eat every four hours to stay off the blood-sugar roller-coaster ride of highs and lows.
- Sleep, baby, sleep! Nothing can substitute a solid night’s sleep. No superfood, vitamin supplement, exercise, or cup of caffeine in any form. Prioritize creating a consistent sleep routine for yourself and feel the magical benefits of getting a good night’s sleep. Remember the phrase, “I need my beauty sleep”? We really do!
- You’ve got to move it, move it… Establishing a movement routine that you enjoy provides you with more than just physical fitness. Clear thinking, optimism, increased vitality, and feeling more attractive are among the benefits of regular exercise. A fun, easy way to get in some daily exercise is to throw your own private daily party and get your groove on. Go for a walk with a friend. Get creative. You can even multi-task and squeeze in a business meeting with a colleague on a walk – no excuses!
Learn more at bodyandsoulnutrition.com
You may also like Your Healthiest Self — 5 Easy Steps, by Lysa Ingalsbe