There could never be too much kale in my life…
Thankfully, my daughter loves to eat it too. Like mother, like daughter. For a more substantial dish, this pasta would be great tossed with blanched green beans or broccoli florets.
- 4 cups (packed) chopped, stemmed curly kale
- 3⁄4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup toasted walnuts
- 1⁄3 cup grated raw Parmesan cheese
- Juice of 1⁄2 lemon
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sea salt
- Grated zest of 1 lemon
- 8 ounces lentil pasta
- Blend the kale, oil, nuts, cheese, lemon, garlic, salt, and zest in a food processor until the pesto is smooth.
- Cook the pasta according to the package directions.
- Drain, reserving 1 cup cooking liquid.
- Pour at least 1⁄2 cup pesto over the cooked pasta and toss to combine. Toss with enough reserved cooking liquid to moisten. Season with salt and pepper and serve, refrigerating any remaining pesto for up to one week.
You may also enjoy reading What’s Cooking? A Q&A with Vani Hari, by Kristen Noel