This Good Mood Food is a healthy ice cream alternative — delicious and packed with nutritious fruit
Summertime is the perfect excuse to make ‘good mood food’ that helps to cool and soothe the body from the inside out. And what better good mood food to choose than ice cream? Yum!
The problem is, most commercial ice creams on the grocery shelves have a LOT going on in their ingredients, including highly processed sugar and dairy products, artificial colorings, thickeners, flavorings and other weird ingredients your body has NO idea how to digest effectively.
If you’re not eating a balanced diet of fresh, seasonal veggies, fruits and real food ingredients, consumption of your favorite ice creams during summer could result in you feeling all kinds of bad throughout winter…
Thanks but NO thanks, right?!
So instead of reaching into the freezer at the store, grab some fresh fruit and the ingredients below and make your own ice cream! Only this deliciousness is called ‘nice’ cream because it’s nice and nourishing for your body, inside and outside.
As always, enjoy it with love in your heart and a great friend by your side (of course, that friend could be a pet or good book!).
Real Raspberry Nice-cream
Makes: 2 large or 4 small servings
- 3 bananas chopped, then frozen
- 1 cup frozen raspberries
- 1 Tablespoon virgin coconut oil
- 1/2 cup desiccated coconut
- Toppings suggestions: crushed nuts, fresh fruit, cacao nibs, nut butter or a sprinkling of cinnamon
- Ensure fruit is completely frozen before combining all ingredients into a high-speed blender or food processor. Blend on high until well combined.
- Serve immediately, or collect in an air-tight container and freeze for 10-20 minutes (depending upon your desired level of ‘frozen-ness’).
- Store in an air-tight container in your freezer for up to 4 months.
You may also enjoy Watermelon, Coconut & Lime Granita by Chef Christine Moss