Thank you for your interest in co-creating with us!
Best Self is a community platform for building audiences and awareness around holistic health and conscious living. Contributors are not paid. Our mission is to provide inspiration and actionable tools/steps to help people to reach for their best selves.
The golden thread weaving throughout Best Self is the power of story and how it connects us to one another, and how our experience can serve others.
Here are a few prompts to help guide you in crafting your piece:
- What is the core message that you’d like to convey?
- How do you want to most impact others?
- What is the arc of transformation you’d like to spark in the reader?
In addition to your core message, we encourage you to share the inspiration (personal story, anecdotes, the work of others, etc.) that led you to your work and journey.
We do not publish conventional book reviews. Rather, we ask authors to craft an original article that relates to the content or message of your book, and we will include your cover art or other assets you may have, and a link to purchase the book.
You may wish to write an article that is essentially an abbreviation of your book, inviting the reader to get your book to go deeper. Or perhaps an in-depth exploration of a single topic of the book. Or, it could be about your connection to the subject of the book and your personal journey that led you to write your story.
In rare cases, we will accept an adapted excerpt from the book if it holds up as a stand alone piece, out of context of the book.
What we need from you:
- Original written article (typically from 800 to 2500 words, longer if warranted)
- Book cover artwork (if applicable)
- Any other visual assets, if desired: supporting images, videos, graphics, etc.
- Bio under 60 words, including key link(s), such as website, social media or a landing page
- Hashtags that are relevant to your brand and content
- Registration of author headshot on Gravatar.com (this is how our website accesses author photos; we will need to know what email address is used). The site is free, simple and secure. TIP: Once you upload your headshot, you then have to select it to associate it with your email.
- Signed Contributor Agreement (will be emailed upon receipt of submission and can be signed electronically)
If you have any questions, please contact email@example.com.