Frequently Asked Questions
Best Self Magazine is a digital-only publication, delivering leading content for mind, body, spirit, and wellness. It is available in 2 versions:
- The APP is beautifully designed for elegant functionality on all iOS and Android mobile devices; the APP is a free download and subscriptions may be purchased inside.
- The WEB Version, which is this website, allows you to access our content on any device – computer, tablet and smartphone. Most of the app content is on the web, plus additional articles not in the app.
This website is the WEB Version of Best Self Magazine. Readers can access much (but not all) of our content on any device – computer, tablet and smartphone. The APP is available only for mobile devices.
- On an Apple device, go to the App Store and search for Best Self Magazine; download the free app. On an Android device, open the Google Play Store and search for Best Self Magazine in Apps (not in their Newsstand); download the free app.
- Now, on your mobile device, launch the app (for Apple devices operating iOS8 or earlier, the app lives in the Newsstand), and subscribe or buy back issues within the app.
- After you have subscribed or purchased an issue, tap Download and wait a few moments for the magazine to download (note the thin blue progress bar under the cover image). Then tap View to open the magazine.
Yes and no. Much of the content is the same, but the interactive functionality is more limited on the website version. The APP delivers a more elegant user experience. However, the website version is the only way to enjoy the magazine on all of your devices, including your computer — and gives you additional access to previously published app content and some articles not published in the app.
Yes. The mobile app, which “houses” the magazine, is a free download. Subscriptions or back issues can then be purchased within the app.
At this time, Apple does not support viewing periodicals on the computer. While you can download the app to your iTunes account on your computer, you must download it to your mobile device to view it.
Yes. Once you have downloaded the free mobile APP, you can purchase individual back-issues or subscriptions within the APP.
Assuming that your second device accesses the same iTunes account, do the following:
- On the second device, go to the App Store and search Best Self Magazine
- Install the free app on this device (if you’ve already acquired the app on another device, you should see a small cloud icon — tap this to install the app to your new device).
- If it is not already open, open the Best Self Magazine app on your device (for iOS8 and earlier, it will be in the Newsstand).
- Tap Subscribe and then Restore All Purchases (note: it is not necessary to fill in the ‘Account’ field).
- Tap the issue you wish to view; tap Download and wait a few moments for the magazine issue to download (watch the thin blue progress bar under the cover image).
- Tap View to open the magazine — you are all set!
For iPad and iPhone:
- On your iOS device, go to the main Settings App
- Scroll and Tap on iTunes & App Stores (Store in iOS 8)
- Tap on your Apple ID
- Tap on “View Apple ID”
- Enter your Password
- Scroll down and Tap on “Subscriptions” (or “Manage” if on old iOS); you will see all of your Magazine subscriptions
- Tap on the one you want to cancel.
- Your Current Subscription details will be shown
- Either select a new subscription option to change, or CANCEL your subscription (or turn off Auto-Renew if on old iOS)
For Android devices:
Users can view the status of all of their subscriptions and cancel them from the My Apps screen in the Play Store app.
- Get the APP: First download the free app on your mobile device (For Apple, go to the App Store and search Best Self Magazine; for Android, go to Google Play and search Best Self Magazine under Apps — not their newsstand)
- Launch the APP (for Apple devices operating iOS8 or earlier, the app is accessed from the Newsstand) and click the “Subscribe” button in the top right
- Tap “Current Subscribers”
- Enter coupon code in the field marked “Enter Account Number”
- You are now subscribed. Tap Download and wait for the issue to fully download (note the thin blue progress bar under the cover image), then tap View to open.
NOTE: You cannot apply a coupon code to an existing subscription. You would need to cancel your subscription and re-subscribe using the directions above.
Yes. We occasionally update the APP for content revisions or coding enhancements. Please update when requested. You will not be billed additionally.