Danielle Laporte’s White Hot Truth — Paradoxes, Passion & Pursuit
Thank the lies for showing you the truth.
Paradoxes. Passion. Pursuit. The human experience rolled up in the prose of the one-and-only Danielle LaPorte. I still remember the first time I saw her on stage — poetic badass in motion. It’s kind of like what another Best-Selfer, Jonathan Fields said, “When Danielle LaPorte writes (or speaks), there is nowhere to hide.” I second the notion. And then she isn’t afraid to dole out hugs afterwards (she had me at bear hug embrace).
White Hot Truth: Clarity for keeping it real on your spiritual path from one seeker to another, is hot off the publishing presses and is something worth celebrating. It’s a refreshingly real plunge into the complexities of self-help fatigue and ambition overdrive — calling out where we go awry.
And in Danielle LaPorte style, she goes there — digs deep and dives into the complexities of seeking. This book cuts through the crap — the myriad stuff we think, feel and ultimately second guess ourselves on. And all of this is wrapped in a beautiful package, like everything she creates.
Check out her video, Feeling Helpless About the State of the World:
A Provocation from Danielle LaPorte
True wisdom usually holds and transcends opposing points of view. Wisdom knows that there is always an exception to the rule, that there is a time and place, and that a case-by-case approach is divine protocol.
If you can comfortably hold your paradoxes, you’re going to be just fine. Because I’m suggesting that you:
- Love yourself first and foremost and… Include the world in your loving (and then get off your ass and be more selflessly engaged)
- Raise your standards and… Be more flexible and accommodating
- Forgive and… Don’t forget
- Honour spiritual traditions and… Be your own guru
- Be open-hearted and… Have clear, strong boundaries
- Be understanding and… Don’t take any shit
- Have a vision and… Go with the flow
- Trust and… Do the work
- Get real and… Be idealistic
- Be steadfast in your Truth and… Make all kinds of exceptions
- Have strong preferences and… Be easy to please
- Lead with your heart and… Your head
- Own your extraordinariness and… Your ordinariness
Because it’s up to you and… we’re all in this together.
And hey, we have all the time in the world, but… this is urgent.
This excerpt is from Danielle LaPorte’s new book, White Hot Truth, Chapter 3: TRUTHFULLY SEEKING: How wisdom happens (hint: paradoxically)
>You can read or listen to the entire chapter free by clicking HERE.
>Download a printable sheet of paradoxes HERE.
>Learn more at DanielleLaporte.com