Work anxiety. Relationship anxiety. Social anxiety. World anxiety. Money anxiety. Health anxiety.
How does reading those words make you feel?
In The Wisdom of Anxiety, counselor Sheryl Paul examines the deeper meaning of the racing thoughts, sweaty palms, and insomnia that accompany the uncertain moments of our lives. No one likes to feel anxiety — and yet, Paul asserts it can be a remarkably direct messenger of our subconscious. Here you will learn how you can pause and listen to your anxieties to discover inner truths that you’ve been avoiding.
This lyrically written book not only considers the many forms anxieties can take, but also provides deep-dive practices for addressing them at their roots.
Here you will learn:
- The nature of intrusive thoughts and how to manage them.
- How to explore states of loneliness, apathy, regret, and shame without being caught up in them.
- Feeling anxiety around feeling good? Discover why and what to do about it.
- How to cultivate your own loving inner parent.
- Why anxiety can arise from boredom and longing.
- How to create healthy and meaningful personal rituals to relieve anxiety.
- Navigating the many sources of anxiety in relationships.
Whether it’s worry around raising children, nervousness about world events, or any other way anxiety manifests, The Wisdom of Anxiety can help you uncover the true source of your discomfort and find the rich self-knowledge within.