We all define our lives through the lens of stories. Whether we see ourselves as heroes or victims, good people or bad, everyone lives according to interwoven strands of narrative.
“And yet,” teaches Adyashanti, “the truth is bigger than any concept or story.”
Drawn from intimate, deep-dive talks, The Most Important Thing presents writings devoted to the search for the ultimate reality of a self that exists beyond the bounds of storytelling.
This book will explore:
- Exploration of the true meaning of birth, life, and death
- Why grace can arrive both through struggle and as an unexpected gift
- Meditation as the art of “listening with one’s entire being”
- Why a good question can be far more powerful than a concrete answer
- How the things you choose to serve shape your life
- Discovering the wisdom found in surprise, sadness, and uncertainty
- Embodying your innate and inextricable connection with the total environment
- The nature of ego and the ways it manifests
- The moments of grace upon which all great religions pivot
What is the story of your life? Is it happy or adventurous? Sad or lonely? In The Most Important Thing, Adyashanti shows you how to look past your personal narratives, delve inward, and connect with the truths that fundamentally animate all of us.